Alignment of text mark in a function

From: Ed Gordijn
Subject: Alignment of text mark in a function
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 21:34:53 +0200

Hi,

I am resending this message because I think it didn't reach the list. That happens also to my first message I posted last week (see http://old.nabble.com/Add-text-to-rehearsal-mark-td31294800.html#a31294800). Is this a common problem?

I want to print a mark that consist of a rehearsal mark and a text and want to align it on the center of the rehearsal mark. I know how I would this manually:

    \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #-0.83
    \mark \markup { \bold { \box "10" \normalsize "Theme from 007" }}

But I want this in a function so I could use it with other text and marks.

I worked out two options. The first option (IIa in the script) is the manual approach. This works fine but although I know how to calculate the override value in a markup script I don't know how I should get the result in the override. Is that possible?

Option IIb is something that I got from a snippet about centering Dynamics (see http://old.nabble.com/dynamic-alignment-td30444495.html). It works almost, but doesn't behave as I would expect when the mark is aligned on the clef. Can that be solved?

Greetings, Ed