Re: release candidate planning

From: Bernardo Barros
Subject: Re: release candidate planning
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 11:51:59 -0300

2011/4/6 Phil Holmes <address@hidden>
What problems do you have?  Could you supply tiny examples?

I'm copying a piece for ensemble, I would like to use some features like the woodwind fingerings and the svg backend, but I can't the staffs fit correctly on paper. There are too many instruments to have two systems in the same page, and too few to fill the page. I get a ungly black space on bottom of the page. I also like to have more extra space between staffs, since I do more modern music, I usually need more pace for extra stuff.

With the 2.12 version I can do this:

  \context { \Staff
    \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-8 . 8)
  }

and I can fit the music on a a3 paper, with a good size and not with much whitespace on the bottom. But the same code do nothing with the git version. Maybe there is another way to configure vertical layout with the devel version?