Re: [OT] Vivi, the Virtual Violinist, plays LilyPond music

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: [OT] Vivi, the Virtual Violinist, plays LilyPond music
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 11:07:28 +0100

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 02:58:39AM -0300, Pato Press wrote:
>    And, if you want to, I have a not so good violin made in Blender, nearly
>    with all it's pieces. I have never completely finish it.

In case anybody is wondering about this, the blender model is
absolutely awesome, and it's now part of Artifastring.  You can
get it here:
https://github.com/gperciva/artifastring

Artifastring ("artificial fast string") produces a not-very-good
.wav file and an visually amazing .mpeg or .avi file, based on a
series of physical actions stored in an .actions file.  I've just
submitted a patch to extract music events from from lilypond --
the goal[1] is to produce sound and video from a .ly file
automatically.

[1] well, I already have this "goal" working... so rather, I
should say that the goal is to make this work on other people's
computers, and to make the code meet lilypond's standards.

If you check out Artifastring right now, treat it more like a
"technology preview" -- you can't easily produce anything other
than the "unit test" video.  The other bits and pieces will be
coming over the next week or two.

Cheers,
- Graham