Re: intro; art song example or template?

From: Pato Press
Subject: Re: intro; art song example or template?
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 16:25:14 -0300

Welcome Ivan.

2011/4/7 <address@hidden>

Hello All;

I am a first time poster.  I have much experience with
linux and latex and so hopefully I will catch on
to lilypond without too much trouble.

I am a composer of mostly atonal music, often with
a lot of time signature changes (or with passages
that have no time signatures), to give you
an idea of the kinds of issues I am be facing.

My first lilypond project is too notate some songs I
wrote for soprano and classical guitar.

Can someone recommend a template or even a finished
song that I could begin with?

Thank you for your help;  Ivan

I'm just a simple and basic user. But I've been writing my scores with lilypond for a couple of years now.
I would recommend you to start from the beginning. It would take you no time. And it would give you a great walk around of everything.

http://lilypond.org/manuals.html

Definitely the best place where to start.
Luck!
tdy