Re: Forcing extender lines

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Forcing extender lines
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 23:09:25 +0200

2011/4/7 Michael Dykes <address@hidden>:
> How do I "force" extender lines to be printed? Attached is my example, and I
> want (near and at the end) the words Thee and Lord to have extenders after
> them as I have indicated in my lyrics, but am not sure how to achieve this.
> Help please. Thanks in advance.

You need to put a space before __ (otherwise it is not recognized as
an extender line command by LilyPond). So
  To __ Thee, __ O Lord. __
instead of
  To __ Thee,__ O Lord.__

Also, please add \revert Score.SpacingSpanner #'packed-spacing to your
file, for example inside "global" variable. It would make your score
not look crappy ;)

HTH,

Janek