Re: Lute tablature

From: northofscotland
Subject: Re: Lute tablature
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 07:16:09 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to those of you who have replied.

I have been playing about with the various bits and pieces, and especially
the snippet numbers to letters.  That snippet places the letter ON the line,
whereas English tablature places the letters BETWEEN the lines.  I have
tried such tweaks as

\override TabNoteHead #'Y-offset = #0.5

but all this seems to do is move everything up onto the same position.

Is there a simple command to move each separate letter individually into the
space above its line?

By the way I am using Lilypond 2.13 and am trying to produce tablature for a
7 course renaissance lute.

Thanks