Re: programming error: cannot align on self: empty element

From: madMuze
Subject: Re: programming error: cannot align on self: empty element
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 08:12:33 -0700 (PDT)

>     \tempo 4 = 72
>     \override Score.MetronomeMark #'stencil = ##f

Nick, I've been using:

tpoMidi = #(define-music-function (parser location bUnit rayt) (number?
number?)
        #{
                \once \set Score.tempoHideNote = ##t
                \set Score.tempoWholesPerMinute = #(ly:make-moment $rayt $bUnit)
        #}
)

Perhaps you just need to use the ...tempoHideNote... instead of spiking the
MetronomeMark. This function is very limited and won't deal with dotted
values, but I can figure out the undotted rate 1000s of times faster than
writing the necessary code, so there it sits. I have no provenance on this
code; I suspect it came from this forum.
David