Re: Old English font for titles

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Old English font for titles
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 21:47:25 +0100

Laura,

See below

----- Original Message ----- From: "Laura Conrad" <address@hidden>

I'm sure it does.  But right now there's still a problem.  When I
put the title markup into my file, and run lilypond on it, lilypond is
fine, but then  when it tries to convert the .ps file to .pdf,
ghostscript says:

`(gs -q -dSAFER -dDEVICEWIDTHPOINTS=595.28 -dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS=841.89 -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -r1200 -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=./five.pdf -c.setpdfwrite -ffive.ps)' failed (256)

When I try to look at the .ps file in ghostview, it just sits there with
its wheel spinning and doesn't show me anything.

This is true not only with the fonts I just downloaded, but with all the
other non-default fonts I've tried, such as Georgia and "Century
Schoolbook".

There have been reports of this error before, seemingly related to fonts. However, we've never properly sorted this out. This is no help to you now, but if you do have some time later to help debug this, it would be great.

--
Phil Holmes