Re: Dividing ties and adjusting ties in an arpeggiated chord

From: bruys .
Subject: Re: Dividing ties and adjusting ties in an arpeggiated chord
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 17:16:04 +1000

Hello James,

No, I never got around to trying the white-box method. It looks pretty
fiddly, but I also needed to change the shape of the ties, so I first
tried to separate the parts (believing this was necessary) and came to
a dead-end (see previous e-mails).

I am satisfied that it is possible to get the desired result using
Eluze's method (I've just got to update to the "unstable" version).
The use of dash-definition appears to be less fiddly than the white
box method. I'd still be interested in experimenting with the
white-box method, as it may be useful in other situations, but it
sounds, from your experience, like it is hard to get a good result.

Using \tieDown [sic], didn't produce a satisfactory result in this
situation, in my opinion.

I never got around to nutting out madMuze/David's method of
determining the X-offset of the right endpoint. I'm not really sure
how to use his snippet. If you have an example, that would be
appreciated.

Regards,
Bruys