Re: dampened symbol in tablature when using fonts other than Feta

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: dampened symbol in tablature when using fonts other than Feta
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 23:28:49 +0200

Il giorno dom, 10/04/2011 alle 11.53 +0200, Federico Bruni ha scritto:
> I use a different font for TabStaff:
>
> \override TabStaff.TabNoteHead #'font-name = #"Nimbus Sans L Bold"
>
> But when a score contains \deadNote I'm forced to comment the line above
> and switch back to Feta, otherwise lilypond can't find noteheads.s2cross
> (the Feta glyph for dampened notes).
>
> There's any workaround which allows to have both (different font and
> cross glyph on TabStaff)?
>
> Thanks,
> Federico

Maybe my question is not clear? Or am I just spoiled by the quick
answers I'm used to get in this mailing list?

I think this is an issue, unless I'm missing something.
Let's say I want to write a tablature book using a different font for
tablature. If just one song in the book contains \deadNote, I'm forced
to use Feta in all the songs; or just in that song, losing consistency
with the rest.

Here's a minimal example.
Please let me know what you think about it.

\version "2.13.58"

music = \relative c' {
  % try any font in your system other than Feta
  \override TabStaff.TabNoteHead #'font-name = #"Nimbus Sans L Bold"
  c4 d \deadNote dis e |
}

\score {
  \new StaffGroup <<
    \new Staff { \clef "G_8" \music }
    \new TabStaff { \clef "moderntab" \music }