Re: Quotation mark in lyrics

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Quotation mark in lyrics
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 18:31:57 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "LilyPond User Group" <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:50 PM

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 12:28:05PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
Turns out that the way I have been doing quotation marks in lyric
lines: " is to use 2 single apostrophes: ''.  This looks OK until
I'm now using it in italics and it looks bad.  I've tried \" and /"
and neither work and I can't find an example in the NR, LM or LSR.

Second image from the top on:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-vocal-music#entering-lyrics

?  I have no idea why the syntax is that clunky, but doc-wise it's
pretty much where I expected it to be.

Cheers,
- GRaahm

I use a Regex to translate the quote mark that Noteworthy creates (\") into the LilyPond quote mark. Would anyone like to guess how many consecutive backslashes I have to use in c# to find the 2 characters \" ?

--
Phil Holmes