Re: Quotation mark in lyrics

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Quotation mark in lyrics
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 19:12:08 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "LilyPond User Group" <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2011 6:39 PM

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 06:31:57PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
I use a Regex to translate the quote mark that Noteworthy creates
(\") into the LilyPond quote mark.  Would anyone like to guess how
many consecutive backslashes I have to use in c# to find the 2
characters \"  ?

Hmm.  I'd guess that need 2^n for each character, where n will be
0, 1, or 2.  So that gives 3, 5, or 9 backslashes.

Do I win?

Cheers,
- Graham

No.  It's 7.  My comment to explain this is:

Yes - you really do need all those backslashes. We're looking for a word starting \" and so to tell the regtest parser to look for that, it needs \\ \" So we need to escape those for the c# text parser, so need \\ \\ \\ \"

--
Phil Holmes