Re: How to prevent page number appearing on back of title page?

From: madMuze
Subject: Re: How to prevent page number appearing on back of title page?
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 08:45:46 -0700 (PDT)

>If I add a blank page on the back of the ToC,
>so that the first piece starts on a right-hand page, I'm getting a page
>number of 0 appearing on that supposedly blank page. How can I prevent
>that?

I've been using:

%       hdr-delay
#(define (hdr-delay layout props arg)
        (define (ancestor layout)
        (let ((parent (ly:output-def-parent layout)))
                (if
                        (not (ly:output-def? parent))
                        layout
                        (ancestor parent) ) ) )
                (if
                        (not (< (chain-assoc-get 'page:page-number props -1) 2))
                        (interpret-markup layout props arg)
                        empty-stencil )
)

I do not understand this code, having harvested it from messages regarding
title pages and headers, etc. (search the forum for negative page numbers, I
think). I then monkeyed around until it works for me, preventing a
header/footer from happening until the page number =>2.

In the header/footer, I use:

        \on-the-fly #hdr-delay

instead of "\on-the-fly #not-first-page". Does this work for you?
David