Re: LaTeX font as Lyric font in LilyPond?

From: Karl Hammar
Subject: Re: LaTeX font as Lyric font in LilyPond?
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 10:42:41 +0200 (CEST)

Dominic:
> is it possible to use the LaTeX font "Computer Modern SansSerif"
> (selected by \sffamily in LaTeX) as Lyrics font in LilyPond?

Perhaps [1] can be of help. They have converted the latex fonts to
postscript fonts with metatype [2].

> Probably it is possible, but how (under Debian Linux).

# apt-get install lmodern

And I think they will call the font lmss something:

$ grep lmss /var/lib/dpkg/info/lmodern.list | grep lmss | grep pfb
/usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/public/lm/lmssbx10.pfb
/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1/lmssbx10.pfb
$

Regards,
/Karl Hammar