Re: MAC help

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: MAC help
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 08:57:06 -0500

On Apr 17, 2011, at 7:12 AM, Mike Blackstock wrote:

> I'm helping a friend install on Mac OS X 10.6.6 but I know nothing about the
> Mac. I found this in the archive:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2011-03/msg00246.html
>
> Is that the right approach for her?

No.  That's not the right approach for almost any user, there is just no reason
to compile Lilypond from scratch.  Download the precompiled binary and put it
in the Applications folder.

http://www.lilypond.org/macos-x.html

Note that the 10.6.7 OS update from Apple may break Lilypond.  There have been
several reports of problems after updating to 10.6.7 but I have no idea if the
cause or a for-sure ix has been identified.