Re: Lyrics for verses and chorus

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Lyrics for verses and chorus
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 16:49:42 +0200

2011/4/17 tobias bora <address@hidden>:
> Hello,
>
> First, excuse me If I make spelling mistakes, I'm French and my English
> isn't very good.
> I would like to change the left hand of this score :
> http://etincelle.legtux.fr/scan0001.jpg to adapt it for clavier. I did it,
> but know, I would like to add the lyrics : only one line for the chorus, and
> four for the verses. But I don't know how could I do it. Please, could you
> tell me how begin with only one line of lyrics, and finish with four ? For
> the moment, I useĀ  \skip 1 \skip 1 \skip1 ... but it's not clean...

This example could illustrate hot to put lyrics to a new voice which
appears in the middle of the music, without using skip at all:

<<
  \new Staff {
    c'1
    \new Voice = "verse" { d'1 }
    c'1
  }
  \new Lyrics \lyricsto "verse" \lyricmode { "Hi" }

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com