Re: \key Moves \chords Below Staff

From: Christian Eitner
Subject: Re: \key Moves \chords Below Staff
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 11:03:00 +0200

Dear Xavier,

On 18 April 2011 10:40, Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden> wrote:
> It is due to implicit context creation.
> If you explicit your contexts (Staff, ChordNames) then such problem
> would not appear.
>
> As explained in the doc,  \chords { ... }  is a shortcut notation for
>  \new ChordNames { \chordmode { ... } } .
>

> \score {
>  <<
>    \new ChordNames {
>      \chordmode {
>        a1 c
>      }
>    }
>    \new Staff {
>      \relative c'' {
>        \key a \major
>        a1 c
>      }
>    }
>  >>
> }

I see. So \key implicitly creates the Staff context before the
ChordNames context, which is why they appear below the staff.

My problem is that a lot of things are going on before I need a few
bars with added chord names. What would be the recommended way to add
these 'in the middle of things'?

Cheers,

Christian