Re: Using the "articulate.ly" script AND getting nice-looking engraved o

From: Peter Chubb
Subject: Re: Using the "articulate.ly" script AND getting nice-looking engraved output - how to
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 15:18:18 +1000

There's no easy way the way I wrote the code to change the amount of
separation for the default non-legato case.  I suggest adding
something like this:
nonLegato = #(define-music-function (parser location factor music)
               (pair? ly:music?)
               "Adjust times of note to add tenuto, staccato and
                normal articulations.
                The first argument gives the degree of articulation for
                the usual (non-legato) case.
                "
                (set! ac:normalFactor factor)
                (music-map ac:articulate-chord music)
               )

used thus:

\unfoldRepeats \nonLegato #'(15 . 16) \yourMusic

15/16 is what some of the writers here suggested.

The other thing that would be worth doing, is adding legato and
non-legato or detached as keywords that alter the articulation factor
in the ac:getactions function.

Peter C

--
Dr Peter Chubb  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au  peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au