Re: Bad slur default (when rests are within)

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Bad slur default (when rests are within)
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 15:56:48 +0000 (UTC)

MusFelix <musfelix <at> live.com> writes:
> When a slur connects two notes that have a rest in between, the slur is
> placed up, even if it would otherwise be down.

This looks like a bug.  Would you consider reporting on the mailing list bug-
lilypond?

I noticed a while ago that LilyPond treats rests as if they had stems, with the
direction of the imaginary stems being the 'neutral-direction'.
You can change the slur in your example with.
    \override Stem #'neutral-direction = #UP
Not very useful, but maybe a clue for fixing the bug.