Re: bug triplet line collides with fingering

From: Marc Mouries
Subject: Re: bug triplet line collides with fingering
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 15:52:19 -0400

On Apr 20, 2011, at 3:04 PM, Marc Mouries wrote:

> In this snippet the triplet line collides with the fingering.
>
> \version "2.13.60"
> \language "english"
>
> Violin = \relative d'' {
>  \times 2/3{d4 a8-4}
> }
> \score {
>   \new Staff { \Violin  }
>   \layout {}
> }
> <PastedGraphic-2.png>
>
> I know i could use "\once \override TupletBracket #'direction = #DOWN" but
> there are already many situations where lilypond detects collisions and adapt
> the music elements accordingly so i am wondering if that's a situation that
> is not correctly handled or a limitation.
>
> -Marc

I changed the direction of the TupletBracket but now it collides with the slur!
Shouldn't lilypond adapt the length of the bracket and the starting point of
the slur?

PNG image

\version "2.13.60"
\language "english"

Violin = \relative d' {
  \key d \major
  \once \override TupletBracket #'direction = #DOWN
  \times 2/3 {d'4\flageolet a8-4(} \times 2/3{fs d a)}
}
\score {
   \new Staff {\Violin  }
   \layout {}