Re: ghostscript-8.70-6 broke my lilypond, no more PDF

From: Ivan Kuznetsov
Subject: Re: ghostscript-8.70-6 broke my lilypond, no more PDF
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 14:56:45 -0500

Matthias Kilian <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't think it's the `-q' that causes the failure, because this
> flag only makes ghostscript quiet

And it is not the -q flag as I just ran the command with it.
It is as you say suggest, lilypond is bombing when trying to run
the ghostscript command.  But why?

> My best guess is that the newer ghostscript (when run from within
> lilypond) hits some resource limit like open file descriptors or
> memory.
[...]

Does not seem likely.

> Assuming that you're running a shell like ksh or bash, you can display
> the current limits for file descriptors with
[...]

Actually, I normally run things under a tcsh shell,
but it is easy enough to start a bash shell.  The
results:

 ulimit -n
   1024

 ulimit -d
   unlimited

I think I might just uninstall lilypond and do a fresh install.