Re: troubles with breaking lines

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: troubles with breaking lines
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 08:25:31 -0600

On 4/30/11 7:41 AM, "Federico Bruni" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I came across a problem I'm not able to troubleshoot.
> I cut down the music I'm writing to the attached minimal example.
>
> I'm letting lilypond do the line breaking and what it does? It breaks
> the line after the first measure, then it puts all the other measures in
> one line.  And I can't see any warning in the log output.
>
> If I try to put some manual breaks I get this warning:
>
> warning: forced break was overridden by some other event, should you be
> using bar checks?
>
> I'm using v2.13.61 recently compiled from source (because I wanted to
> test the new chord glissando feature... BTW, kudos to the developers!)

This is a bug in \glissando.

If you look carefully, you'll notice that there is no glissando in measure 2
of the Staff between the c and the cis, although it's there in the TabStaff.

If you comment out the \glissando in that measure, then everything works
properly (except the glissando is missing, of course).

I've created issue 1639 to cover this.

Thanks for the report.

Carl