Re: connectArpeggios in TabStaff

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: connectArpeggios in TabStaff
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 20:40:03 +0200

Il giorno mar, 03/05/2011 alle 17.22 +0200, Peter Crighton ha scritto:
> Is it possible to connect arpeggios between two different voices in a
> TabStaff?
> I can get the desired output by overriding Arpeggio #'positions, but
> I'd like to have a more intuitive way, something like
> \set TabStaff.connectArpeggios = ##t
> Is there a better way, am I just missing something?
>

> Also I'd like to know why I have to put an \RemoveEmptyStaffContext in
> the layout in order to get Span_arpeggio_engraver to work.
> For most of my scores I need \RemoveEmptyStaffContext, which is why it
> was there in the first place. I don't need it for the current one
> though, so I'd like to leave it out, but then the whole Arpeggio
> connecting doesn't work anymore.
>

> See the attachment for my (reduced) code. (By the way, the problem
> exists in 2.13.61 as well.)

Have you tried some of the snippets in the LSR?
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Search?q=arpeggio

If you apply connectArpeggios to the Score context you can comment
\RemoveEmptyStaffContext, but I guess that the result is not what you
are expecting.

BTW, why entering the music twice, once for Staff and once for TabStaff?
See attached example.

Cheers,
Federico