Re: nobody has ready Learning 3.1 ??? (was: how does beforebreak work?)

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: nobody has ready Learning 3.1 ??? (was: how does beforebreak work?)
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 12:31:46 +0200

Am Freitag, 6. Mai 2011, 01:16:33 schrieb Graham Percival:
> On 4/10/11, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:
> > We have a problem.  The only full-time doc writer/editor isn't certain
> > how breakbefore works, and I'm not certain that he completely
> > understands the \book{} and \bookparts{} input file structure either.
> >
> > This has resulted in a much-needed rewrite for Notation 3 Spacing
> > being delayed by literally months.  I'm not kidding.
> >
> > I know that tons of people here understand this stuff.  Could somebody
> > volunteer to help our only full-time documentation writer learn this?
>
> In case you think this is a trick question -- no, it's not.
>
> Our only full-time documentation writer does not understand Learning
> 3.1 How LilyPond input files work.  But NOBODY has offered to help
> him.
>
> Almost everybody on this list knows the answer.

To be honest, I have neve used breakbefore and thus also never understood how
it works (or even know that it existed) and what it should do. But judging
from the description of the NR if causes each new part to which it applies
(i.e. each score in its scope, which creates a title) to start on a new
page...
That could be useful to me, too. So far, I have always manually inserted page
breaks before a new score...

If that doc writer has some questions, I can offer to help him via PM, but I
can't guarantee that I will always be able to respond quickly...

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886