Re: quoteDuring or cueDuring forward reference

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: quoteDuring or cueDuring forward reference
Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 17:50:01 +0000 (UTC)

Paul Scott <waterhorse <at> ultrasw.com> writes:
> If the
> music is in score order it's easy to quote or cue a flute part in the
> bassoon part but how can I quote or cue the bassoon part in the flute part?

You may use \cueDuring #"bassoon" in the flute part, even if it is defined
*before* \addQuote "bassoon" \bassoon.

I'll suggest a change to the example in the manual :

flute = \relative c'' {
  r2. c4 | d8 c d e fis2
  \tag #'part {
    s1*0_\markup { \tiny "bassoon 8vb" }
  }
  \transposedCueDuring #"bassoon" #DOWN c'' { g2 d2 }
}
bassoon = \relative c {
  \clef bass
  R1
  \tag #'part {
    \clef treble
    s1*0^\markup { \tiny "flute" }
  }
  \cueDuring #"flute" #UP { R1 }
  \tag #'part \clef bass
  g4. b8 d2
}
\addQuote "flute" { \flute }
\addQuote "bassoon" { \bassoon }

\new Staff \with { instrumentName = "Flute" } \flute
\new Staff \with { instrumentName = "Bassoon" } \bassoon

\new StaffGroup <<
  \new Staff \removeWithTag #'part { \killCues { \flute } }
  \new Staff \removeWithTag #'part { \killCues { \bassoon } }
%{%}>>