Re: Soundfonts and MIDI output (beginner questions)

From: Shane Brandes
Subject: Re: Soundfonts and MIDI output (beginner questions)
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 00:29:07 -0400

Heather,

If you want also you can use zynadsubfx or Qsynth to alter your midi
sounds. The first is a really interesting synthesizer that you make
lots of endless tweaks to. The second enables the use of soundfonts
and allows for some processing as the sound as generated such as
reverb etc. Both work with an app called Jack. I use this when I get
tired of timidity. Jack can be a little weird to setup at first, but
is worth it if you can figure that out. I also use Ubuntu 11.04 so
these are all synaptic available packages.

regards,

Shane