Re: Is this some sort of glissando ?

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Is this some sort of glissando ?
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 16:50:42 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2011 4:22 PM
Subject: Is this some sort of glissando ?

Hi,

I have come across a notation I'm not sure I understand.
The time signature is 6/8. The measure contains two dotted halves connected with a double beam. This may be a glissando, with length one dotted half, and pitch beginning with the first note and ending with the second. Could this be right? If so, how can I compose it with real Lilypond notation, instead of this horrible PostScript?

It's a tremolo.

--
Phil Holmes