Re: voice context on the fly and lyrics

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: voice context on the fly and lyrics
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 13:48:04 -0700 (PDT)

Orm Finnendahl-3 wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  in the example below, I'm trying to create a Voice context on the fly
> and add lyrics to it. It doesn't seem to do what I would expect.
>
> The attached png shows my output (lilypond 2.13.43 on Linux).
>
> My questions:
>
> 1. Why are the b and a eigth notes rendered simultaneously with the c
>    on the downbeat of bar 2 and not succesively on the last beat of
>    bar 1?
>
> 2. Why are the lyrics printed below the PianoStaff despite the
>    "\accepts lyrics"?
>
> I suspect the latter has to do with the nested << >> brackets, as
> lyrics get printed between the staff lines if I do it without the
> nested brackets. In the piece I'm writing it would make things much
> clearer and easier, if I could create new contexts at different parts
> of the piece on the fly and attach individual lyrics to each of them.

you don't need to specify \accepts Lyrics !

if you place the Lyrics between the upper and lower staff you'll get what
you want:

  \new PianoStaff
%   \with { \accepts Lyrics }
  <<
    \new Staff = upper {
      \clef G
      \relative c'  { c8 d  \new Voice = "one" { e8 [ f g a ] }
        b8 a g f e d c }
    }
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "one" { ba da di do }
    \new Staff = lower { … }
>> }

hth
Eluze