Re: text after dynamic (unrelated to the dynamic) / left or right markup

From: Marc Mouries
Subject: Re: text after dynamic (unrelated to the dynamic) / left or right markup
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 11:59:12 -0400

thanks for text that is related to dynamics i already use a simpler version of
the same command:
piuF = \markup { \italic piĆ¹ \dynamic f }

this makes sense for text that is related to the dynamic such as molto forte,
piu forte, ... but does not make sense for text that is unrelated like
- forte then rallentando
- forte then a tempo
- mezzo-forte than "calmato"
- forte than "appassionato"

because this requires the creation of one-of command for each dynamic and
custom indication from the composer.

It would be better to be able to attach the text to an invisible note or better
to the left or right of the note.
Today we can print text below or above with
- "f2 \f _"below""
- "f2 \f ^"above""

why not add a command that would allow to print text left or right?
- " \markupLeft "left" f2 \f "
- "  f2 \f \markupRight "right""

-Marc