PartCombine

From: Craig Bakalian
Subject: PartCombine
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 06:12:58 -0400

Hi,

Am I reading this correctly- in the warning for using \partcombine

\partcombine only observes onset times of notes. It cannot determine
whether a previously started note is playing or not, leading to various
problems.

So this means if oboe 1 is playing sixteenth notes and then oboe 2
enters into the staff and starts with quarter notes, will oboe 1 start
to print quarter notes?  "It cannot determine whether a previously
started note"?  "Various problems"?

This reminds me of my college level science class days where we studied
electrons, protons, and neutrons and the wonderful world of quantum
leaps, back when the USA actually taught science.

I am about to start typesetting a large choral symphony.  Any clarity on
the warning above would be appreciated.

--
Craig Bakalian <address@hidden>