Problems when adding chords

From: Fabian Binz
Subject: Problems when adding chords
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 23:05:06 +0200

Hi,

whenever I try to add chords to my score, I get a GhostScript-related error message  when it tries to convert the ps file to pdf. Since I absolutely don’t know why this is happening, I’ll simply post it – maybe one of you knows what’s the problem:

gs -q -dNOSAFER -dDEVICEWIDTHPOINTS=595.28 -dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS=841.89 File=./Test.pdf -c.setpdfwrite -fTest.ps

That’s the “error message”.

I can safely reproduce that error with the following snippet from the manual:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/41/lily-b9cdd548.ly

which comes from here:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Displaying-chords#Displaying-chords

I’m using Windows 7 and tried the above example with both the stable and the development version, every time getting the same error.

I hope someone knows that problem and its solution.

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany,

bnz