Re: Dynamics on chords

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: Dynamics on chords
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 01:36:52 -0700 (PDT)

Albu wrote:

> Hi!
> I'm trying to indicate a crescendo and decrescendo below a chord, and i
> haven't figure out how,
>
> this is what I found:
>
> _\espressivo %_\markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.espr" }
>
> and it gives me this tiny figure, not the normal size, I tried just puttin
> the \< after the chord but it doesn't work either,
>
> hope somebody can help

if you really have only chords and want to add dynamics you can use (and
adapt) the following snippet:

\version "2.13.61"
<<
  \new ChordNames \with {
    \override VerticalAxisGroup #'staff-affinity = #up % any value, only
added here to suppress warnings
  }
  \chordmode { c1 d e f g  a b c }
  \new Dynamics \with {
    \override DynamicText #'self-alignment-X = #left            % e.g. \mp
    \override DynamicText #'Y-extent = #'(-1.5 . 3)
    \override DynamicLineSpanner #'Y-extent = #'(-1.5 . 1.5) % hairpins: \<
… \!
    \override Script #'Y-extent = #'(0 . -1)                         % e.g.
\espressivo
  }
  {
    s1 \mp s \< s s s
    s1 \ff s _ \espressivo s s
  }

oteherwise maybe you should send a tiny example to show what you mean!

hth
Eluze