Re: Artificial-looking clef in a CueVoice?

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Artificial-looking clef in a CueVoice?
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 13:39:33 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 18. Mai 2011, 11:40:36 schrieb Bernhard Ott:
> On 05/17/2011 09:01 PM, Xavier Scheuer wrote:
> > On 17 April 2011 23:20, Xavier Scheuer<address@hidden>  wrote:
> >> I remember a discussion where Reinhold asked how should a clef looks
> >> like in a  CueVoice  (I cannot find this again).
> >> IIRC the conclusion was something like: the clef should look voluntarily
> >> "artificial", i.e. smaller but _after_ the bar line (and not _before_).
> >>
> >> I'd like to have such "artificial-looking" clef in a CueVoice.
> >> Unfortunately I am not able to get it using the  \clef  command in a
> >> CueVoice .  Ideas how I could achieve this (clef _after_ the bar line)?

It is possible, but you'll have to change the Score's break-align-orders. See
the attached file (shows first the default, then the changed orders and
finally reverted to the defaults).

> > At first I used a "normal" clef but with a smaller fontsize (thanks to
> > an override), but then I discovered Reinhold's  \cueClef  command.
> > It is a wonderful feature (so is  \cueDuringWithClef , see below).
> > Thank you Reinhold!
> >
> > @ James, Reinhold, whoever
> > BTW, neither  \cueClef , nor  \cueDuringWithClef  (I first tried
> > \cleffedCueDuring  but it was not the correct name of the command) is
> > documented in the Notation Reference.

Originally, I had used cleffedCueDuring, but apparently people on the
developer mailing list didn't like that made-up name ("to clef" is an
artificial word, not a proper english verb). So it was changed to
\cueDuringWithClef before I pushed to the git repository.

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886