looking to contract with someone to add meta-data to svg export

From: Michael Geary
Subject: looking to contract with someone to add meta-data to svg export
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 12:34:25 -0600

hi folks,

i have a paying project where I could save a lot of time if i could get
Lilypond to add some degree of information to the SVG export. My ultimate
objective is to be able to discretely identify (all the nodes comprising) a
given note (e.g. 3rd note in part 1, or 5th note in part 2 of measure 4) and
any associated lyric(s). I've explored the SVG output to some extent, and right
now my only apparent option would be to either add attributes to nodes manually
or try to script something (i mainly do Python development). However, any svg
parsing/scripting would have to rely on heuristics to infer information, which
would be complicated and possibly unreliable.

I have seen that the PDF export adds hyperlinks to entities in the document
that correlate them back to line and char numbers in the .ly file. Even if i
could get this data in the svg nodes, it might enable me to get the rest of
what i want.

I'm not a C/C++ coder, and mucking about in the Lilypond source isn't really an
option for me, but i am in a position to hire someone to do that, and/or make a
financial contribution to the project. Is anyone here interested in exploring
this with me?

many thanks,

michael