showing lyrics without the associated voice?

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: showing lyrics without the associated voice?
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 22:31:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hey everyone -

Let's say I have a song with piano accompaniment:

* * * * * * * * * *

\version "2.13.59"

melody = { g'4 g' g'2 }
text = \lyricmode { Blah blah blah }

RH = { e'2 e'4 e' }
LH = { \clef bass c2 c4 c }

\score {
  <<
    \new Voice = "mel" { \melody }
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto mel \text
    \new PianoStaff <<
      \new Staff = "RH" \RH
      \new Staff = "LH" \LH

}

* * * * * * * * * *

I'd like to create an abbreviated score which contains the
piano part and the lyrics, but not the vocal staff.  Nothing
I've tried works well, since it seems that the associated
voice needs to be displayed for the lyrics to line up
properly.  Is there a way?  Something like the following,
which of course doesn't work:

\score {
  <<
    \new PianoStaff <<