Re: optimising typesetting 2 voices with same notes

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: optimising typesetting 2 voices with same notes
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 07:25:17 +1000

On 23/05/11 07:16, -Eluze wrote:
hi

i want to typeset a little étude for guitar written by Fernando Sor.

here are the first measures:

Allegro con moto
http://old.nabble.com/file/p31676255/Sor%2BAllegro%2Bcon%2Bmoto.png

obviously every odd 8th of the upper voice is identical to the 2nd voice -
except for the duration (this is true for about 80-90 percent of the piece).

my question is how to proceed to have a minimal effort and not to write the
same notes twice.
is there a function to automatically add the "quarters" to the second
voice?!

thanks for any idea.

Eluze

i am gratefull too if somebody could tell me the opus number of this piece!

Can't answer the first question, but the piece is Sor's Op 6 No 1. It is number 4 in the selection in the selection of 20 of his etudes made by Segovia.

Nick