Can't hide empty staff after time signature change

From: Nicholas Moe
Subject: Can't hide empty staff after time signature change
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 17:55:43 -0500

Hello,

I am having trouble hiding an empty staff line following a time
signature change when I am using line breaks. In the example below,
the staff for the melody line should disappear in measure 4. It does
disappear if I use \RemoveEmptyStaves in the Staff context, but I want
to keep the rest in measure 2. How can I make this staff disappear
while keeping the rested measure, which represents a line of rests in
the original (not so tiny) score?

I have found that I get the desired result if I comment out the
lyrics, but then I'm without the lyrics. But this tells me that the
lyrics have something to do with this.

Nick

% Begin Example

\version "2.13.61"

TimeKey = { \time 4/4 \key g \major }
\score {
        <<
                \new Staff
                <<
                        \clef "treble"
                        \new Voice = "Melody" \relative c'' {
                                \TimeKey
                                a4 b c d
                                R1
                                a2.
                        }
                        \new Lyrics \lyricsto "Melody" {
                                This is a test.
                                Stop.
                        }

                \new Staff      \relative c'' {
                        \TimeKey
                        a4 b c d \break
                        a b c d \break
                        \set Timing.measurePosition = #(ly:make-moment 1 4)
                        a b c \time 3/4 \break
                        \set Timing.measurePosition = #(ly:make-moment 2 4)
                        a | b c d

\layout {
        \context {
                \Staff