\cueDuringWithClef [was: Re: Artificial-looking clef in a CueVoice?]

From: Bernhard Ott
Subject: \cueDuringWithClef [was: Re: Artificial-looking clef in a CueVoice?]
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 00:52:17 +0200

Hi James,
the following snippet shows how to use \cueDuringWithClef.
The command prints a cue clef at the begin of the cue notes and a cancelling clef when finished.
The example also shows the default behavior when it comes to line breaks:

If cue notes start in a new line, the cue clef should not be printed at the end of the previous line.

Cue notes going over a line break should print the standard clef on the new
line plus an additional cue clef after the time/key signature.

Furthermore it shows how to use "instrumentCueName" (I think you can remove the old example using silent rests and markup to print the name of the cued instrument?)

% ****************************************************************
% ly snippet:
% ****************************************************************

\paper {
    ragged-right = ##t
    indent = 0\mm
}

vI = \relative c'' { \clef "treble" \repeat unfold 48 g4 }
\addQuote vIQuote { \vI }

Solo = \relative c {
  \clef "bass"
      \cueDuringWithClef #"vIQuote" #DOWN #"treble" {
      R1*4 \break  R1*4 \break } |
    c4
      \cueDuringWithClef #"vIQuote" #UP #"tenor" {
    r4 r2 | r4 }
    c4 c2 |
        \cueDuringWithClef #"vIQuote" #DOWN "soprano" { R1 } |
    c1
}

\score {
<<
  \new Staff
      \new Voice \with {
        instrumentCueName = "vl."}
        \Solo

}

% end ly snippet

Sorry for simplicity, eclecticism, etc., - if this is ok for you then I can pimp things up a little (right now I'm *really* busy with Hoffmann-rehearsals) and proceed with further examples of
\transposedCueDuringWithoutClefs  ;-)

I also attached Reinhold's (completely unchanged) snippet from the list which shows how to move the cue clefs "behind bars".

HTH, Cheers,
Bernhard