Re: [ANN] Frescobaldi 2.0 development progress, runs already on Windows

From: flup2
Subject: Re: [ANN] Frescobaldi 2.0 development progress, runs already on Windows
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 00:57:53 -0700 (PDT)

Rodolfo Zitellini wrote:

> 1) I already had a working macports installation with some very basic
> libs (www.macports.org), and I already had python 2.7 installed
> 2) I installed qt 4.7 w/bindings: sudo port install py27-pyqt4
>     This downloaded and compiled qt4 - qt4-mac
>
> With this setup, the Frescobaly run, but without pdf preview, so I
> installed poppler
> sudo port install poppler +quartz +qt4
>
> and the python interface compiled:
> cd python-poppler-qt4-0.16.2
> python2.7 setup.py build
> sudo python2.7 setup.py install
>
> to start Frescobaldi I did:
> git clone git://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi.git
> cd frescobaldi/
> python2.7 frescobaldi
>
> Ciao!
> Rodolfo

Hello,

Thanks. I managed to install these and make Frescobaldi run on my iMac. My
portable mac (macbook pro) still has issues installing pyqt4 from macports,
but Frescobaldi runs on the Ubuntu side oh that machine.

I don't know git very well. Is there a command to update frescobaldi ? When
trying to clone when an older version is already present, I've got a error
message saying there is already a frescobaldi folder.

Philippe