Re: Alternate, as in separate, chords

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: Alternate, as in separate, chords
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 06:53:40 +0200

Am 2011-05-26 um 00:30 schrieb Stan Mulder:

Is it possible to put a different set of chords above the main line of chords
like this (I hope this formats correctly):

(Db7)
G7        C
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------

And what about the parenthesis around the chord name. Is that possible?

Here are the brackets (I can't help with the stacking, though):

#(define (addBrackets grob)
 "Place brackets round a text object."
 (let* (
        ; Get current text
     (currentText (ly:grob-property grob 'text))
     (bracketedText (markup "(" currentText ")")))
   ; Store the bracketed text back
   (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'text bracketedText)
 )
 ; and print it
 (ly:text-interface::print grob))

opC = \once \override ChordNames.ChordName #'stencil = #addBrackets

(Thanks to the helpful contributor who wrote that code for me!)

So you can say \opC des:7

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle