Cross-staff beaming

From: Hilary Snaden
Subject: Cross-staff beaming
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 12:15:53 +0100

I've just installed 2.13.61 (Windoze binary)

I'm working on a piece with a lot of cross-staff arpeggios, many of which need their stem lengths/beam positions tweaked for easier reading. The manualBeam function in the manual

manualBeam =
#(define-music-function (parser location beg-end)
  (pair?)
  #{
  \once \override Beam #'positions = #$beg-end
  #})

works perfectly for a few bars, after this the beams and stems of the beamed note groups are AFAICT rendered inverted top-to-bottom.

A recent bug-lilypond thread suggested that some work had recently been done on the cross-staff beaming code. Is this still on the to-do list, or am I missing something? (A workaround?)

--
Hilary Snaden