Re: Strange transposing effect

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Strange transposing effect
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 18:24:48 +0100

D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:10 PM

On Thu, 26 May 2011 09:58:41 -0700
Paul Scott <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks. That kind of explains the first issue but I still > don't > understand why the D should dip down instead of up in the > transposed
> section.

Not exactly but absolute D is a fifth lower than absolute A.

Right.  That's why I thought that it would go up a fourth instead.

No, the nearest-note algorithm applies only in
relative mode.  In absolute mode the D is below
A in the same octave.

Trevor