Global resizing for grace notes dynamics

From: Karim Barkati
Subject: Global resizing for grace notes dynamics
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 13:01:52 +0200

Hi list!

I'm currently engraving a score using Lilypond, so first of all: thank you for
your wonderful software!
In this contemporary score, there are many grace notes with one dynamic per
note, so that having smaller dynamics on grace notes would definitely make this
score look better.
Is there a way to specify globally a (smaller) size for grace notes dynamics?

I wish Lily had something like this:
\override Voice.graceDynamics #'size = #'smaller
\grace{ a8\p [ gis8\mp ]}

For the moment, I think I would have to specify the size for each grace note,
right?
\grace{
    a8_\markup{\tiny \dynamic p}
    [ gis8_\markup{\tiny \dynamic mp} ]}