Re: Polymetric music and page breaks

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Polymetric music and page breaks
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 10:40:22 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrea La Rose" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, May 30, 2011 10:20 AM

Phil,

Thanks for responding. Do keep in mind that this is only an excerpt of a 40 minute piece. I excerpted enough so that the problem would be apparent. So I
realize that everything in the excerpt is unequal and therefore confusing.
There is about 10-minutes-worth of this kind of polymetry, so nothing is
breaking in the way Lilypond would like it to; the bar lines do not line up
for ages. My question is: Is there a work-around?

Ah - I see the problem is that there is no obvious bar break for LilyPond to use for the line break. I'm afraid I can't help here.

--
Phil Holmes