Re: Chord progression simple notation

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Chord progression simple notation
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 15:46:11 +0200

On 29 May 2011 04:19, Roman Gorodeckij <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is it possible to put chords into the bars, not above them?
>
> When we buying some sheet paper out of any shop, first thing I do when
> playing some jazz piece, is
> writing down chords only, I don't need melody, I'm a guitar player, I'm just
> a guy who keeps the rhythm...
> So I ended up using iReal, check this software, it does what I want but it's
> kind of ugly...
>
> Now I'm writing everything by hand in same manner. All we need is reprises,
> codas, sentes and etc.. simple
> stuff everything except notes it self =}
>
> So my question is how to a good musical sheet with lilypond something like
> most musician does with
> chord progressions on paper. Here's example
>
>  http://i.imgur.com/GQcxY.jpg
>
> I would figure out how to do this with lilypond, after pluging lilypond to
> latex, I could create a great online
> web service for this =) Generating images for my songs, just simple chords
> and that's it...
>
> Reaaaly waiting for your answer=)

You need to add different engravers to the  ChordNames  context, like
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=460  for bar lines in  ChordNames .
See the difference between  Staff  and  ChordNames  in
"ly/engraver-init.ly" in order to identify the engravers you need.

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>