Re: Notation convention: dotted notes, duplet or else?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Notation convention: dotted notes, duplet or else?
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 16:39:31 +0200

> Hi David,
>
>> In the notation?  Hardly.  If you have stuff from a reasonably good
>> poet, you can usually word-wrap it without noticeable structural damage.
>
> I think most poets would disagree.

Shall I compare thee to a Summer's day?  Thou art more lovely and more
temperate: rough winds do shake the darling buds of May and Summer's
lease hath all too short a date.  Sometime too hot the eye of heaven
shines and often is his gold complexion dimm'd; and every fair from fair
sometime declines by chance or nature's changing course untrimm'd.  But
thy eternal Summer shall not fade nor lose possession of that fair thou
owest; nor shall Death brag thou wanderest in his shade when in eternal
lines to time thou growest.  So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
so long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

--
David Kastrup