RE: Notation convention: dotted notes, duplet or else?

From: Richard Sabey
Subject: RE: Notation convention: dotted notes, duplet or else?
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 17:08:38 +0000

Kieren MacMillan wrote
> So count me as another vote for "there is no single correct answer".

I echo those words, and I offer another suggestion:

{
    \time 3/4
    \override TupletNumber #'text = #(tuplet-number::non-default-tuplet-denominator-text 2)
    \times 3/4 { c2 c }
    \revert TupletNumber #'text
}

Using minims avoids a disadvantage of two crotchets, namely that two crotchets with a tuplet bracket give the impression that they are meant to occupy less than two crotchets' worth of time.