Openoffice import?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Openoffice import?
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 10:15:47 +0200

I am currently going crazy trying to import a document with Lilypond
passages into OpenOffice.

PDF import does not work (noteheads are missing, text is shifted).  SVG
images (via pdf2svg) don't work (they appear mostly black, apparently
due to incomplete SVG support in OpenOffice).  I don't see any other
obvious option that would lead to scalable/vector graphics inside of
Openoffice.

The problem is that this is an article written using pdflatex and
lilypond-book, and the publisher (haha) asks for a DOC file.  Of course,
this would just be an intermediary for getting this into some DTP
program, so I really don't want premature bitmapping to occur.

latex2rtf is working pretty well for the text, but GhostScript barfs on
all images (probably because of "safety" reasons), and GhostScript would
just generate PNG images, anyway.  I am using the preview package for
extracting all Lilypond graphics in a single PDF file (from which I can
go via pdf2svg or other converters).  That works quite well.

But I can't find a way to get into _scalable_ images in OpenOffice from
there.  Anybody with a good idea?

--
David Kastrup