Re: warning: crescendo too small

From: David Santamauro
Subject: Re: warning: crescendo too small
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 08:23:50 -0400

Hi Reinhold,

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 12:41:24 +0200
Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> wrote:

> included in that length. The simple solution is gto increase the
> minimum length for the hairpin. See e.g. the LSR:
>
> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=448

Exactly ...

> I suppose you want this minimum-length only for this one hairpin and
> not for all others, so you'll need to use \once\override instead of
> \override:
>

> \version "2.12.3"
>
> \include "english.ly"
> \score {
>   <<
>     \relative g' {
>       \clef "treble"
>       \key c \major
>       \time 4/4
>       r2 r4
>       % make the hairpin longer:
>       \once\override Hairpin #'minimum-length = #7
>       % less space between \mp and hairpin:
>       \once \override Hairpin #'bound-padding = #0.25
>       d'^\markup { \tiny "Solo" }_\mp\<(
>       g2\! fs4 e4)
>     }
>   >>
>   \layout {}
> }
>
> Cheers,
> Reinhold

Wonderful the finite control one has over such things. I was just
playing with the values, set minimum-length = #8 and bound-padding =
#.75 and it looks identical to than the original (slightly more spacing
between the d4 and g2, but that's fine)

thank you kindly

David

PS Has anyone written a book on LilyPond that one could buy and hold in
one's hands?