RE: 2.14 docs PDF portfolio

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: 2.14 docs PDF portfolio
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 11:12:15 +0000

Hello

)-----Original Message-----
)From: address@hidden
)[mailto:address@hidden On
)Behalf Of Francisco Vila
)Sent: 07 June 2011 08:06
)To: Nick Payne
)Cc: address@hidden
)
)2011/6/7 Nick Payne <address@hidden>:
)> I have created a searchable indexed PDF portfolio from the 2.14
)> English PDF docs (Extending, Internals, Learning, Notation, Snippets,
)> Usage, and Web) and uploaded it to
)http://www.users.on.net/~njpayne/music/lilydoc.pdf.
)>
)> You need Adobe Reader 9.x or later. 3rd party PDF readers can't cope
)> with PDF portfolios.
)

[James' reply:]
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/support/showfaq_technical.htm

Seems they can but I don't really understand portfolios to know if this is the
same thing or not.

Foxit is a better viewer generally for Windows I find. However it does 'odd'
things with the counters in the 'natural' and 'sharp' glyphs that Acrobat
doesn't.

Which reminds me, I opened a bug report about that with them a while ago...

James